In my Church we have advocated for every single member of our organisation to have a "Go bag" or 72 hour kit.
WHAT IS IT?
Well, it is simply a pack or bag with essentials you may want to take with you when you leave your home in the event of an emergency.
WHAT ARE THE CONTENTS?
The "Go Bag" should have food, water, important documents for the household, spare clothing, radio, torch, lighter for fires, a shelter (if you can) and sleeping gear. Below is a list of other things you may need to consider: (NOTE: ONLY ESSENTIALS)
1. Back Pack
2. Torch C/W new and spare batteries
3. Ground Sheet
4. Lighter or flint C/W fire starters
5. Gas Cooker
6. Sleeping bag
7. Spare Clothes – Warm and comfortable, Wet weather coat, spare socks, beanie or hat.
8. Gumboots, Boots, or good walking shoes
9. First Aid Kit – plaster, bandages, panadol, disinfectant, wipes
10. Toiletries – soap, vaseline, tooth paste, tooth brush, brush, powder, mirror
11. Swiss type Army Knife, butcher knife, spoon
12. Walkman or small transistor Radio.
13. Towel & Flannel
14. Toilet Paper
15. Fishing gear – Line and Hooks
16. Gaffe or spear Head
17. Survival Blanket
18. Tin Mug & or Billie20. Plastic bags
19. Mobile or two way radios.
20. Rope 8mm x 10 metres
22. Billy or small pot and mug
24. Note pad and pen or pencil
26. Swim goggles
27. Family Photo
28. Money, Passports, Bank details, Insurances. Important documents
29. Mobile or two way radios.
FOOD - (Cater for your dietry requirements only)
Rice or Pasta
2 Minute noodles
Small Canned fish